Residence visa for stepchild in Dubai

Validity: If a man sponsors his stepchildren, their residence visas will be valid only for one year.

Deposit: The visa can be renewed annually and sponsor has to put up a Dh5,000 deposit for each child. The deposit has to be paid at the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs and will be returned on cancellation of the visa.

Confirmation: Before applying visa for stepchildren, you need to first check at the department if the application will be approved as questions regarding guardianship of the children must be addressed and cleared.

The application will first have to be approved by the director-general of the department.

Legal custody: The question of custody of children must be approved by the court in the mother's country and also by the UAE Embassy and Foreign Ministry in her home country. The mother must show proof that she has legal custody of her children from her former husband.

NOC: The man who wishes to sponsor his wife's son or daughter must submit to the department a no objection letter from the father of the children that he agrees that his son or daughter can be sponsored by their stepfather who lives in the UAE.

Attestation: The letter must be approved and be legally binding and should be signed by the proper authority in the child's home country. It should also be approved by the UAE Embassy in the country of the child and also by the foreign ministry.
The father or the child or the guardian must state in the letter that he does not have any objection to the son or daughter shifting to the UAE and being sponsored by their stepfather.

If the father of the child is dead and the mother remarried, the grandparents or relatives of the child must give the no-objection letter in accordance with the law in their own country.

All documents must be official, legal and approved from the concerned authorities.

If the former husband of the wife or his family members are living in the UAE, the wife should obtain proof of custody from the court and a no-objection letter from the father of her children or from his family or their legal guardians.

Documents needed
+ A woman cannot sponsor her former husband's children unless she falls in the category who can sponsor her own family, such as a working mother.

+ The GDRFA can allow her to sponsor her stepson or stepdaughter on humanitarian grounds which is decided by the head of the department.

+ If the sponsored child is under 18 years, the application must include the birth certificate in addition to all needed documents. Birth Certificate should be attested by UAE Embassy in home country and UAE Foreign Affairs in UAE. For attestation requirements, Call: +97150 538 3545.

+ All children must go to school if they are of school age and should be enrolled in an educational institution.

+ If the sponsored stepson is over 18 years, you need to submit a certificate from an authorised education institution here.

+ If you wish to sponsor your stepdaughter and she is over 18 years, she should be enrolled in an authorised educational institution here and that educational institution must approve that. A confirmation letter in Arabic also should be attached stating that she is not married.

+ To sponsor stepchildren, the man's salary must be over Dh6,000 including accommodation.

Original Documents Required: Sponsor's passport, Emirates ID, IBAN (Bank Account Number), Salary Certificate / labour contract, Tenancy Contract with Ejari registration Certificate, Electricity Bill, Child's passport copy (colour), one photo, Attested Birth Certificate. read more

Affidavit: The stepfather should also submit a document saying that he will financially support the children. It should be attested by his Embassy/Consulate here.

Special Approval from Humanitarian Case committee of GDRFA is required to get visa for step child. Submit application through authorized typing centre and do follow up at Al Aweer Immigration. 

+ Fees for Entry Permit Application Dh360 for each child (typing charge extra).

+ Medical Test required if the son/daughter is above 18 years.

+ Visa stamping Fee Dh257 for one year (service charge extra). read more
Call us for New business set up, LLC Formation, Amendment in existing license, PRO Service, Certificate attestation. +971 55-273 2295, 055-345 782904-239 1302 or mail your queries to

Grade 12 students, fresh graduates can stay in UAE for two more years
Visa for Divorcees, Widows and their Children
Procedures of changing employment visa and family visa without exit Dubai
Family Visa-Sharjah: Entry Permit Residence (Wife & Children)
OK to Board Message for travellers flying to Dubai, UAE
Delivery/Birth in Dubai
Fines (Visa, Labour Card, OHC, Vehicle Registration, Emirates ID)
Re-entry after six months in Dubai
Residents can apply, renew residency visa on DubaiNow App
How to Sponsor Parents on Residence Visa in Dubai?
Housemaid Recruitment from India (Visa & Indian Consulate Procedures)
Affidavit (non-relation certificate) from Indian Consulate
Maids over 60 can renew UAE labour contract
+ How to bring a nanny to UAE?
Maid Visa Stamping (After Entry)-Dubai
Housemaid Visa Renewal-Dubai
UAE law for domestic workers
Abscond Reporting - Housemaid
Recruitment of Indian Female Workers (ECR Passport Holders) through E-Migrate
Housemaid Recruitment from SRI LANKA to UAE
Maid Visa Stamping (UAE National Sponsor)-Dubai
Maid Visa Cancellation-Dubai
Medical Test from Home Country for Sri Lankan, Indonesian & Ethiopian Housemaids
Rights and responsibilities of domestic workers in the UAE
How to ensure that your babysitter is reliable?
Hiring Domestic Workers through TADBEER Centers in UAE
Address of Tadbeer Centres in Dubai
Emirates ID; New & Renewal
Renew your Emirates ID and UAE residency visa online
Management Skills Placement Test for Consulting License in Dubai
DED Service Centers in Dubai.
Street Vending Truck; mobile business in UAE
ദുബൈയിലെ ബിസിനസ് സാധ്യതകള്‍
+ Free Trade Zones in UAE
14 Business Activities will not get 100% foreign ownership in UAE
Import / Export Code Online Application of Dubai Customs
Dubai Internet City
MOFA-Ministry of Foreign Affairs-UAE Attestation Centers
Different Types of UAE Visas
Immigration Establishment Card-New (Dubai)
Immigration Establishment Card-Renew (Dubai)
Immigration Establishment Card (Computer Card) Amendment
PRO Card: Immigration Department, Dubai
PRO Card - Labour (UAE)
e-DNRD Online Registration (Dubai)
Labour Establishment Card (Computer Card)-UAE
Update Establishment Information at MOHRE
What is WPS (Wage Protection System) in UAE?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post